Wednesday, June 1, 2016

$1 Makeup Review! Santee Aqua Stylish Silky Milk Foundation



All images, www.ShopMissA.com


Recently, a few WOC-friendly foundations popped up at one of my favorite low-cost retailers, Miss A. 


Miss A can be found online at www.ShopMissA.com or- as of Spring 2016- in Dallas, Texas at the Grapevine Mills Mall.



Miss A Careers Page: http://www.shopmissa.com/pages/careers



One of Miss A's major draws is that everything on the site is just $1!  Offerings include accessories, makeup, hair care, cosmetic tools and implements, stationery, and general kitsch.


I noticed a new foundation on the site not too long ago, and decided to give it a try.  It is the Santee Aqua Stylish Silky Milk Foundation, and it's offered in a dozen shades, including some mid-range browns for Women of Color.


Miss A product link



I purchased shade number 12, which is as close a match as I could hope for based on an on-screen comparison. 


My foundation equivalents









I am a woman of color, deep tan-brown with golden undertones, and this foundation was just a teeeeensy bit too orange for me.  Other than that, though, I was extremely pleased with the shade match.



L-R: Santee, Revlon Nearly Naked, Maybelline Mineral Power, Maybelline Dream Wonder, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Black Opal Truly Topaz.


Moving on! This definitely gives you a dewy finish, and- in my opinion- it needs to be set with a pressed powder.  It's also a bit difficult to blend - I used my flat-top kabuki, and then felt I needed to finish blending with a dampened AOA Wonder Blender sponge (or use a Beauty Blender, Real Techniques blender sponge, etc.) to work out the streaks. 


I put it over the Santee primer (also $1 at www.ShopMissA.com), and set with KleanColor True Self Pressed Powder in Walnut (except where I had used the KleanColor White Lies Orange corrector stick, which I baked with the Santee baking powder), and it stayed flawless all day. 


The coverage is good, but a bit sheer, and it gets a little tough to blend when you add layers, so I would call this light-medium. Basically, if you have severe dark circles or hyperpigmentation, you'll still need a concealer.


Bottom line: I was very happy with this product, and I would definitely recommend giving it a try!







Pardon the migraine face.  :-|
On the lips: KleanColor Madly Matte Liquid Lipstick in Mademoiselle









Notes: Oil-free, SPF20, no cruelty-free branding.
 

INGREDIENTS: dimethicone copolyol, phenyltrimethicone, dimethicone & dimethiconol, cyclomethicone, silica, distilled water, pentylene glycol, allantoin, tocopherol acetate, imidazulindinyl urea, sodium chloride. MAY CONTAIN: red oxide of iron C177491, yellow oxide of iron C177492, black oxide of iron C177499, titanium dioxide C177891, mica, perfume.   

No comments:

Post a Comment