Thursday, June 2, 2016

#GotItFree: A review of the #ChooseToSmooth Vox Box from Influenster



So happy that I was given the opportunity to review the Gillette  Venus Swirl!  I received this razor in a voxbox from Influenster at no cost to review. 










Cost


The Gillette Venus Swirl starter pack (handle plus two heads) retails for about $10.  This is a refillable product, which is a bit more green, but a box of four heads goes for twenty to FORTY bucks!  Whew.  This thing better be good!








Packaging


First off, this was VERY easy to get into, as there's a perforated little pop-top deal that doesn't require 8 hatchets and a flamethrower to open.  I have long-ish natural nails.  This little detail is important.  :)






Once open, the razor is in a little tray that slides right out of the plastic packaging.  Included in the kit are two heads - one to use now, as well as a backup.  These identical heads have five razors protected on either side by a moisture strip and comfort shield (some kind of plastic-y rubber).






The handle has a "flexi-ball" that is intended to help the razor contour to the user's shape... and it does!  It was super simple to snap the head right onto the handle and I even practiced popping it off.  The flexi-ball really does help the had bend gracefully with just a bit of pressure!  Look, I buy all my razors at the Dollar Tree, so I'm not used to this kind of technology!  :D  And speaking of Dollar Tree...




Comparison






Here's a look at the Gillette Venus Swirl versus my trusty Dollar Tree go-to-, the Noxzema Triple Blade razor (which is a two-for-$1 disposable).






As you can see, there's a lot more built in protection with the Venus Swirl, so that you can fool-proof your shaving experience and blood-proof your leg (Yes, I have literally hacked away at my skin while shaving, but- thankfully- not for years).




Results


Finally, here's a look at a before and after, using the Gillette Venus Swirl on the left, and the Noxzema Triple Blade on the right. 





 



In both cases, I used my patented (no, it's not patented) blend of shea butter and black soap, which froths up beautifully but is still moisturizing and you really need to try it and that's all I'm sayin'.


Bottom line:  Duh, the Gillette was waaayy better.  Effortlessly glided across my skin and removed hairs without causing any irritation.  And the flexi-ball really works! 


I really have no complaints, but just one teensy caution: I don't know what's in the moisturizing/lubricating strip.  So, vegan?  I dunno.  Dye-free? Not sure.  Good for sensitive skin? No idea.  See what I'm saying?  Still, these are the same kind of issues other razors have, so... I'll definitely repurchase!





No comments:

Post a Comment