Thursday, June 2, 2016

Battle of the $1 Liquid Liners!





Miss A recently released some new liquid liners, so- since they're just $1 apiece- I decided to give them a try.








I'll be using the following scoring system:
Value= Up to 5 points
Brush= +1, 0, or -1 point (I know this is subjective, but I prefer a firm felt tip)
Opacity= +1, 0, or -1 point
Finish = +1, 0, or -1 point (also subjective; but for me, the matter, the better!)
Wear= +1, 0, or -1 point
Longevity= +1, 0, or -1 point





Pictured, top to bottom: products in their packaging, product swatches (lined up with their packaging), swatches after washing my hands with soap and water.







In green: the Amuse Super Fine Liquid Eyeliner (.2 oz). The tip is a firm felt material that helps with precise application. It has a slight sweet scent that's subtle and pleasant- it seems organic, and not the result of added fragrance. Love it, but FYI, it doesn't dry down to completely matte. It's solidly satin, with the potential to go fully glossy with added coats.  A good option if you're looking for a longer-lasting option and aren't married to a matte finish. 

Value=5, Brush=+1, Opacity=+1, Longevity=+.5. Overall score: 7.5/10.
 

In yellow: Cutie Bear Precise Liquid Eyeliner. This has the same firm felt tip as the Amuse liner above, but with a slightly shorter profile and longer, tapered handle. This also doesn't dry down to matte, and has about half the product (.14 oz) of the Amuse liner. A little bit more fragrant than the first product, but still a nice sweet scent.  A nice, cute option for your vanity, but not especially long-lasting, and not matte. 

Value=5, Brush=+1, Opacity=+.5. Overall score: 6.5/10.

In sepia: Starry Intense Black Waterproof Eyeliner. Same firm felt liner as the first two and with a tapered handle similar to the Cutie Bear liner, but with double the product (.2 oz). Actually dries down to matte, but didn't hang in there quite as long as the others. It has a very slight chemical scent with a hint of something like... bergamot? I've been sniffing these pretty hard, please don't mind me. 😁 I much prefer matte to long-lasting (if I have to choose), so I'm putting my money on this one. 

Value=5, Brush=+1, Opacity=+1, Finish=+1. Overall score: 8/10






$1 each at www.ShopMissA.com




Have you tried these?  What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment