Thursday, August 6, 2015

Thrifty Thursday # 3 | Big Lots Beauty Haul




 THRIFTY THURSDAY #3 | BIG LOTS


  

In the last few years, I've become a big fan of Big Lots.  In fact, it's among my top 5 discount makeup haunts (the others being Dollar Tree, Walgreens, Target, and ShopMissA).  Although the stock typically consists of discontinued- or as I call them "don't fall in love with me"- products, they occasionally carry items that haven't yet been pulled from production.  Typically, these are products that went through reformulation or repackaging.
 
Well, this week, I hit the nail polish jackpot!  I found some well-received nail products, including polishes and nail strips from Sally Hansen, Revlon Parfumerie polishes, and more.
 
First up: Sally Hansen Salon Complete Manicure nail polish.  These retail $7-12 and are currently in stores.  These were just $1 each at Big Lots.  I don't know how many polishes are in the complete collection, but I found over twenty shades. 
 
 
Here are swatches of all the shades I found, including the shade name and number:
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
Next: Revlon Parfumerie nail polish.  These retail for $5-7 and are currently in stores (they've been spotted on clearance at Walgreens- $1.79 and Rite-Aid- $1).  They were just $1.50 at Big Lots, so I picked up one of each shade.  I'm not sure how many are in the complete collection, but I found 16, some of which are pictured below.
 
 
 
 
These scented polishes actually do give off a scent that's specific to the shade name.  I think my favorite (based on swatch alone) is Autumn Spice.  I don't know how long the scent lingers- again, I am basing this off my experience through swatching these polishes.  I was very impressed with the formula, but the brush seemed a little dinky after using the Sally Hansen polishes.
 
Here are swatches of all the shades I found, including the number:

 


Next, I found Revlon Gel Smooth Base Coat.  There were only three on the shelf, so I got all of them.  I've been using this as part of my nail strip application process, and I wonder if they might be partially responsible for how well my nail strips have applied and lasted.



I found four different Love & Toast body lotions. 


I went out to the website and found that these have been repackaged, which could explain how they got to Big Lots.  They retail for $10, but were only $2 at Big Lots, so you can get all four scents for less than the price of one!

Lastly, my beloved Clairol hair products are still on the shelves for just $1.50.  I only use the leave-in conditioner, but I can confirm that it's excellent.  If you see these in your store, pick one up and give it a try.  If you'd like to know more about the leave-in conditioner, check out my July Empties blog post.



Have you tried any of these products?  Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!  And don't forget to check out my YouTube haul video and thumbs it up.  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment