Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wish list Wednesday # 1 | Dollar Tree

 WISH LIST WEDNESDAY #1 | DOLLAR TREE

  

If you're anything like me, you've probably made mental lists of all the awesome finds you've seen hauled at Dollar Tree in hopes that one sweet day you'll find them, too.  I'm no different - except I actually make visuals to help me keep track and I update them every week as new sightings occur.
 
Before we move into this week's wish list, take a look at last week's finds.  These are still trickling into stores across the nation, so if you haven't found them yet, never fear!
 
On each of the items, I listed the Instagram account of the person who found them.  I also linked all the accounts in the caption so you can check out their other posts and follow them!

 

Instagram: @dollarrtreee, @rosie316, @jessikaslove, @thethriftychica, @thatgalrebecca, @kymmiekewpons, @dollartree123, @bargainbeauty
 
Here's a closer look at the Revlon Nearly Naked foundations:
Pictured: 190/True Beige, 210/Sun Beige, 220/Natural Tan, 230/Nutmeg, 240/Toast, 260/Caramel, 280/Chestnut, 290/Cappuccino

 
My store didn't have a good selection of fairer shades, but the selection for women of color was EXCELLENT.  I know different stores have totally different inventory, so definitely stalk your store if you're on the lookout for these.
 
I did some research online to find out what people think about this product and it led me- as it often does- to Makeup Alley.  To condense what I read:
  
Major pros: light finish, dewy, good staying power, good color selection
Major cons: packaging (no pump), stings, enlarges pores, causes breakouts
 
Retails for: $10-20. Currently available at Ulta for $9.99
 
 
Next up: Ty Beanie Ballz.  I did a quick online search and found that these little cuties currently retail for $5-12 each. 


The Dollar Tree appears to be carrying a few Alvin and the Chipmunks designs as well as a turtle, an owl (both pictured above), a monkey, a puppy, a lizard, and a fish.  I'm looking for these for my daughter - if found, I'd like to get one of each. 


Next up: L'Oreal Colour Fresco cream eyeshadows!
Photo courtesy of L'Oreal  cosmetics



These shadows are creamy, retractable, and well-pigmented.  Check out TheThriftyChica's IG page for swatches. 

I read through some of the reviews on Makeup Alley and condensed them into common themes:

Major Pros: doesn't crease, feels cool when applied, compact, pigmented
Major Cons: wish the color selection was bigger
*A major con that wasn't listed is that this product is unfortunately discontinued and therefore very hard to find.  Definitely worth picking up if you see them, but be aware that the product may be dried out when you purchase it.
 
These got an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5.  That's UNHEARD of.  Definitely, check these out.


Mariposa cosmetics

Amazingly, I can't find ANYTHING online about this company.  I believe, because of the location of the IG user who postd this that it may be a Canadian company.  For swatches of the items above, check out Rosie316's Instagram page, linked above.


L'Oreal nail polishes



These are, unfortunately, also discontinued.  There's a great range of shades and they get good scores on Makeup Alley.  The overall feedback on the Steel Colour line is:

Major pros: great formula, very shiny, great staying power
Major cons: takes a long time to dry

This is another product that got great reviews- an overall 4.1/5 with an 85% repurchase rating. 

Because this line is discontinued, it's tough to accurately price it; however, these tend to be priced at around $5 on eBay.


Thank You Notes 2, by Jimmy Fallon


I took a look at the Amazon book listing and read through many of the reviews to get a sense of the general buyer perspective:

Major pros: very funny
Major cons: very short for the price (retails at $12)

It sounds like the price issue will go away with the smaller price tag, so I'm still in, Jimmy!  I'll see you at Dollar Tree!

--
Now for this week's finds:

Instagram accounts: @sensationalfinds, @nenitalinda, @throughtheeyesofjayde, @daniellecent517, @pghmommyshops, @dollartree123, @soleiluna09, @leeleedollartree

There are actually MANY more books than are pictured here - mostly about cooking, organizing, gardening, or crafting- so I'm not going to go into detail about those.  Just be aware that about a billion awesome books are popping up at Dollar Tree. :)

The makeup find that I'm on the lookout for this week is the NYC Mosaic eye shadow that PGHMommyShops (link in caption above) posted.  Apparently, this went floating around various Dollar Trees a year or so ago, but I've never come across it before. 

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=136392/Color-Wheel-Mosaic-Eye-Powder---Brown-Eyed-Girl/New-York-Color/Eye-Shadow
Photo courtesy of MakeupAlley.com

Once again, the harsh critics of Makeup Alley have smiled upon this product, giving it an overall rating of 4.4/5 and a repurchase rate of 75%.

Major pros: great formula, well pigmented
Major cons: poorly packaged

These were retailing for about $5, although some are currently priced much higher. 


Photo courtesy of Walmart.com

I'm definitely willing to take a gamble for $1, and if I come across these, you know I'll share swatches.  :)

Thanks so much for reading.  Please leave any questions or comments below, and I'll see you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment