Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thrifty Thursday #1 | Burlington Coat Factory


THRIFTY THURSDAY #1 | BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY BEAUTY HAUL


Happy Friday Eve! As I'm posting Thrifty Thursday videos each week, I want to be sure to provide additional information about the items I hauled.  If you haven't already seen the video, jump on over to The Glossary on YouTube.  Otherwise, read on!

First, I found lots of polishes! Among other brands available at the store were Revlon and Orly. 


From Revlon, I saw packs of four nail laquers for $5.99; the sets included toppers, polishes, and even a nail treatment. 




The nail treatment is called Treat & Boost.  I haven't yet tried it, but it's got rave reviews on Amazon and the interweb in general.  :)
Read more reviews on Ulta.



The next two polishes pictured above are Revlon Rio Rush Nail Enamels in (middle) Gold Goddess and (right) Oi Beautiful.  The gold polish looked like a topper to me, but it applied pretty opaque in two coats.  The purple polish is beautifully vibrant and creamy.  I'll be doing live swatches on the blog in an upcoming #SwatchSunday, so be on the lookout for that.  In the meantime, swatches of all these finds are below:

Swatches  - left side is one coat, right side is two coats.


I can already confidently tell you that the formula on these is a dream to work with.  I swatched on copy paper and still managed to get precise little swipes.  Not too thick or runny, and great coverage.  Of course, I can't yet speak to staying power, but at an individual cost of $1.50 per polish, I would already call these a good purchase.


From Orly, I found a pack of three mini-polish six-packs for $16.99.  It's designed so that you can gift as one big set, or separate out to make three gifts.  I'm not sure whether I'll want to gift any, so I didn't do swatches, but here's a look at the set: 

 



I also found an eyeshadow palette from Measurable Difference, which is a brand with which I'm not familiar.  Since it was just $1.98 and I don't have any glitter shadows in my collection, I decided to give it a try.  Here's a look at the palette:



I did a little research about the brand and found that they have a fully-functional website and appear to be affiliated with the brand Chrislie Beauty.  They had the exact same palette available for sale for $6.99- still a very decent price.  Here's the stock photo that's posted on the website:


Photo courtesy of MeasurableDifference.com

 

Lastly, I found quite a few Physician's Formula sets for sale for just $1.98 and $2.98.  Here's a look at all the ones I found; prices will be listed in the captions.

$1.98 at Burlington Coat Factory

$1.98 at Burlington Coat Factory

$1.98 at Burlington Coat Factory

$1.98 at Burlington Coat Factory

$2.98 at Burlington Coat Factory

$2.98 at Burlington Coat Factory

$2.98 at Burlington Coat Factory

$2.98 at Burlington Coat Factory

$2.98 at Burlington Coat Factory

$2.98 at Burlington Coat Factory

$2.98 at Burlington Coat Factory

$2.98 at Burlington Coat Factory

Finally, I wanted to compare packaging between the set found at Burlington Coat Factory and what is typically found in stores.  It appears that, for the most part, the packaging was stripped down to a basic black compact devoid of any Physician's Formula branding.  On a few of these, the silver "PF" on the front of the compact is the only difference (For example, the CoverTox Ten and Shimmer Strips Blush & Highlight).  However, there are a couple of slight changes to compact style (i.e. from bulbous silver to sleek black) seen in the Shimmer Strips palettes and Les Botaniques bronzer. Overall, the packaging found in these sets is exactly what was sold at Dollar Tree, which might explain how they ended up at a $1 price point- in other words, they may have been parceled out from these sets. 

Take a look at the photos below for individual comparisons:







Have you been to your Burlington Coat Factory lately?  If so, what did you find?  Comment below or on my YouTube video to share your finds.

Thanks for reading!  Follow me on Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more.

See you next time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment